1.3.1 (released 17/Feb/2013)
- (new feature) Unicode palette's display is now color-coded to visually distinguish mapped and unmapped code points. For mapped code points, a distinct marker is shown for each role the code point appears in (normal mapping / dead mapping / part of ligature / transformed by dead key / produced by dead key).
- (bugfix) Low-level editor crashes when attempting to activate a key (i.e. scan code) that is not accessible through the GUI by pressing it on the physical keyboard (reported by Daniel Rossbach).
1.3.0 (released 01/Sep/2012)
- KbdEdit edition previously known as "KbdEdit Full" renamed to KbdEdit Personal.
- (bugfix) importing a KLC file was triggering unwanted auto-complete operations, i.e. KbdEdit was filling empty mappings with lower/uppercase equivalents of any letters mapped to (un)shifted positions of the same key.
1.2.4 (released 10/Jun/2012)
- (Improvement) preview screen now offers improved dead key assistance: if a dead key is pressed, the view changes to show combined characters produced by the affected keys.
- (feature) support for Japanese 106/109 key keyboards - new option "Japanese 109" in the Options dialog.
1.2.3 (released 15/Apr/2012)
- (Improvement) KbdEdit now supports chained dead keys.
- (Improvement) preview screen: tooltips for dead keys show a detailed list of transformation pairs.
- (Improvement) high-level editor: keyboard button tooltips now show the mapping summary, including mapping type (normal/dead key/ligature/empty), mapped character numerical value and Unicode name.
- (Improvement) Layout of the key mapping editor popup changed to make dead char combo box bigger; the combo is now sorted on dead char name.
- New example: Emulating Compose key using chained dead keys.
1.2.2 (released 03/Mar/2012)
- (feature) KbdEdit now supports non-BMP Unicode characters (i.e. those with numerical value >0xFFFF).
- (feature) support for new ABNT keyboard type - new option "ABNT Small
Return Big Backspace" in the
1.2.1 (released 16/Jan/2012)
1.2.00 (released 15/Jan/2012)
- New feature: Sticker map generator.
- (bugfix) KLC import now correctly handles non-BMP (>0xFFFF) characters, i.e. they are converted to a ligature of surrogate pair characters.
1.1.11 (released 22/May/2011)
- Dead key editor: list of
characters expanded to encompass nearly 100 diacritics defined by Unicode
- Dead key editor: UI improvements - dead character lists can be sorted on any column, adjustable column widths.
- Add standadd dead char dialog: UI improvements - filtering by dead character name, showing preview of a current dead characters.
- (bugfix) KbdEdit hangs when changing font in the Options dialog.
- (improvement) Glyphs (NBSP, LRM etc) are drawn using the system font, ensuring their consistent appearance regardless of the current font chosen.
1.1.10 (released 23/Nov/2010)
1.1.9 (released 30/Jan/2010)
- (improvement) special white and non-printable characters are now displayed as glyphs instead of whatever representation they have in the current font (e.g. 0020 (Space) is displayed as SP, 00A0 (No-Break Space) as NBSP, etc).
- (update) "Standard dead char" list of common dead characters was refreshed. It now includes dead characters from keyboard layouts that appeared in recent Windows versions (Vista, Windows 7).
(thanks to Henrique Peron for help with dead characters lists and suggestions on the character glyph representation)
1.1.8 (released 19/Jul/2009)
- (bugfix) crash when assigning "empty" to all modifier positions of a key in a layout that contains a Shift+AltGr position, or a KANA position mapped to VK_KANA.
1.1.7 (released 29/Mar/2009)
- (improvement) eliminated long delays at Windows safe mode startup if the Language Bar list contains a KbdEdit custom layout. For this change to take effect, custom layouts created with pre-1.1.7 versions must be opened and saved back using 1.1.7.
- (improvement) Character names no longer shown in ALL CAPS, resulting in improved readability and better use of screen real estate.
- (Website/help) new example: French multilingual (contributed by Gilbert Galeron).
1.1.6 (released 28/Sep/2008)
- (improvement) Unicode subsets in the Unicode Subrange dialog can be sorted on either numeric value or name.
1.1.5 (released 02/Jun/2008)
- (improvement) eliminated long delays at XP startup if KbdEdit custom layout is added to the Language Bar list.
- (improvement) better support for Brazilian ABNT keyboards: new layout type "ABNT - big Backspace" added to the Options dialog; support for extra numpad key ABNT_C2 (thanks to Henrique Peron and Joaquim Pedro for help with Brazilian keyboards).
- (improvement) new subsets added to the
1.1.4 (released 15/Mar/2008)
- (feature): Auto-complete and pop-up hints for lower/upper-case equivalents.
- (feature) Options dialog opened automatically when starting KbdEdit for the first time.
- (bugfix) High-level: setting all mod positions of a key to "empty" resets the "Effect of Caps Lock" to "Unaffected", clears KANALOK and CAPLOKALTGR.
- (Website/help): new examples: Tri-lingual Serbian Cyrillic / Latin / Greek keyboard and Replacing AltGR with KANA
- (Website/help): improved high level drag/drop page - screenshots added.
- (Website/help): new page Right-click key popup menu.
1.1.3 (released 03/Feb/2008)
- (feature) support for Brazilian ABNT keyboards - new option "Medium Return Small Backspace (ABNT)" in the Options dialog.
- (Website/help) new FAQ page.
1.1.2 (released 16/Dec/2007)
- (improvement) tooltips added to modal dialogs.
- (improvement) Unicode subrange dialog: enabled and hidden subsets are now shown in two side-by-side lists (previously a single check-box list was used).
- (bugfix) Unicode subrange dialog: removed duplicate Unicode subsets (3130-318F) and (3190-319F).
- (bugfix) dead char table import / KLC file import: it was possible to import empty dead chars (no actual transformation pairs), which resulted in a corrupt layout DLL. Fixed by ensuring all imported dead chars have at least one transformation pair.
- (improvement) Enter dead key name dialog now allows empty strings.
- (improvement) increased maximum payload size of layout DLLs generated by KbdEdit. Eliminates the "Layout saving failed" error when saving complex layouts with extremely big dead tables and/or lot of ligatures.
- (improvement) displaying a detailed error message on a layout DLL save failure (previously a generic "Layout saving failed" was shown).
1.1.1 (released 02/Dec/2007)
- (bugfix) when new instance is started while another one is open in preview mode, the new instance issues false warning about leftover preview layout and tries to clean it up.
1.1.0 (released 17/Nov/2007)
- (improvement) Installation: both 32 and 64 bit versions are now included in a single MSI file, reducing the package size by 20% (no longer duplicating online help files common to both versions)
- (Website/help) improved navigation banner at the top
1.0.69 (released 28/July/2007)
- (bugfix) Preview: error message "An invalid argument was encountered." popping up when a modifier key is pressed
- (bugfix) Low-level editor: if the list of unused modifier combinations is empty, the 'Enable combination' button displays a meaningless tooltip.
1.0.68 (released 27/July/2007)
- (improvement) High-level editor : numpad keys are not mappable in SHIFT states to reflect the fact that they act as cursor keys/home/pgup/etc when SHIFT is down
- (improvement) Preview : display of numpad keys changes dynamically between mapped characters and cursor keys depending on Numlock and Shift state
- (bugfix) Preview : numpad keys producing incorrect results when clicked by mouse in "numlock on" mode
- (improvement) Preview : right Shift correctly drawn as pressed when clicked on by mouse
- (improvement) Online help : online help files are installed locally to enable using help without Internet connection
- (improvement) Installation : an older version is automatically removed during setup, eliminating the need to manually uninstall it before installing a more recent version
- (feature) Context-sensitive tool tips for all controls on main views (high-level etc)
1.0.67 (released 01/July/2007)
- (improvement) Low-level editor : "mappable" and "non-mappable" VK codes shown in two separate columns in the VK codes popup menu.
- (improvement) Low-level editor : "non-mappable" VK codes visually distinguished by darker color.
- (improvement) List of "mappable" VK codes expanded to include all "exotic" VKs which behave normally when given a Unicode mapping (see new manual page List of Virtual Key Codes).
- (bugfix) Preview not working properly if more than one instance of KbdEdit is running.
- (bugfix) When KbdEdit is opened by double-clicking a KBE or KLC file from Explorer, the user's default layout is still opened after importing the file (instead of keeping the imported layout).
1.0.66 (released 08/Jun/2007)
- (feature) keyboard buttons drawn with a smooth 3D shade in High level, Low level and Preview.
- (feature) added check-box "don't show this window in the future" to the registration details window which shows up when a custom layout is activated.
- (bugfix) strange behavior in x64 version when opening layout through a MRU list menu item ("save as" dialog popping up, cannot save modified layout etc).
1.0.65 (released 28/Apr/2007)
- (feature) User's default layout is automatically opened at startup. This is the new default behavior which can be overridden through the new Options dialog setting "Open default layout at startup".
- (improvement) Open dialog initially selects user's default layout if no layout is currently open (i.e. "Untitled" is active).
- (feature) Save As dialog: if "Add to Language Bar" is checked, and the original layout is in the language bar list, user can choose whether to replace the original layout with the customized version in the language bar list, or to keep them both.
- (improvement) Manage Language Bar list dialog: if the currently opened layout is also a member of the language bar list, it is initially selected in the dialog's language bar list tree.
- (improvement) Manage Language Bar list dialog: double-clicking a layout in the language bar list tree opens it for editing (same as clicking the "Open in editor" button).
1.0.64 (released 19/Apr/2007)
- (feature) Dead char editor: the field "Current dead char" is now editable. A list of transformation pairs can be easily assigned to another dead char without having to manually recreate its mappings.
1.0.63 (released 24/Mar/2007)
- (update) enabling import of KLC files generated by MSKLC 1.4 (recognizing new blocks LOCALENAME, DESCRIPTIONS and LANGUAGENAMES)
- (bugfix) when importing KBE/KLC files, dialog "Save changes to 'XYZ'?" shows up again if "No" is chosen the first time
1.0.62 (released 23/Feb/2007)
- (improvement) Locale list for the "Register as" combo in Save As dialog modified to display only locales supported by the target OS version
- (improvement) Automatic order fulfillment system put in place, shipment delays further reduced.
1.0.61 (released 05/Feb/2007)
- (improvement) Enabling non-ANSI strings in all user registration details (except e-mail):
- (improvement) Improved semi-automatic order fulfillment system.
1.0.60 (released 26/Jan/2007)
- (improvement) Installation: KbdEdit registered with Windows as KBE and KLC file type handler
1.0.59 (released 20/Dec/2006)
- (improvement) Installation: shortcut to online manual index added to KbdEdit start menu group
- (bugfix) crash on KLC import if file uses a VK code that does not appear in standard US English layout
1.0.58 (released 13/Dec/2006)
- (UI improvement) Using dedicated tab control instead of toolbar buttons for high level / low level / dead char / preview navigation
Copyright © KbdSoft 2007-2013